Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Road trip back to Sana'a via Manakah from Al Hudaydah

I had just spent my Birthday in Al Hudaydah, fourth largest city in Yemen.

Day 4 and today we were heading back to Sana'a. My quick trip to Yemen was coming to an end and I  am regretting why I couldn't stay for a lil bit longer. I could easily get sucked to the slow unhurried life in Yemen and the people are so nice here!

We checked out of the hotel early morning after breakfast about 7.30am to visit the Hudaydah Fish Market. As everywhere else the Fish Market was pretty crowded. I wonder why Fish Markets everywhere & anywhere in the world are so crowded and at anytime? At least this is my observation!


This man here was insisting I take a photo of his crabs! He sure looked pleased with the crabs! I hope they fetched him a good price!


And then there was this man. He wanted a picture with his kids. 


A family with their catch coming in!



A Porter transporting fishes in a wheel barrow!

I walked around the Fish Market, lone tourist and that too a girl but not even once did I feel awkward. Didn't get any lecherous stares or remarks considering that it was only men there in the Fish Market. The only shout that I heard were of "Hello" and "Photo"!!

Then we drove on…on our way back to Sana'a via Wadi Surdud to the centre of the Haraz mountains, Manakah.





We also visited Al Hajjarah village located near Manakah. The village is today used as a base camp by trekkers. Al Hajjarah is built upon a precipice and is famous for its towering houses which are built onto the cliff faces.





The lil girl who accompanied me everywhere here in Al Hajjarah!


Al Hajjarah at a distance

No comments:

Post a Comment