Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Beautiful doors I saw in Yemen!

There are doors….and then there are doors! Some interesting doors that I saw as I travelled in Yemen.


This was one of the side door that I saw in Queen Arwa mosque, Jibla.


As I walked around Jibla village, this blue door caught my eye. It seemed quite old.


This was in Zabid….as I walked around the village….albeit a new door. A steel door but the design & the colours are fascinating!


Another steel door with beautiful colours in Zabid village.


The door of an old cinema house in Zabid, opposite to the house where the Italian film director Pier Paolo Pasolini used to live when he was shooting for his film in Yemen.


This is the door which leads to the sitting room of the house where Pier Paolo Pasolini (5th Mar 1992 - 2nd Nov 1975), the Italian Director lived during his days in Yemen while shooting for his film "Il fiore delle Mille e una Notte" (A Thousand and One Nights). He referred to Yemen as the most beautiful cities in the world and his pleas to UNESCO were instrumental in getting Zabid recognised as a World Heritage Site.


This was a door that I saw in Al Hajjarah village. It was built by the Turkish. Notice the star (6 points) just above the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment