Saturday, September 2, 2017

In Markerville and a Wedding!

A lady who works in our company mailroom was getting married. She asked me if I would come. I said I would be delighted. It would be interesting....she being a Grandmother and her grandkids the flower girls/boys! 

The wedding was at a small church in Markerville, a small hamlet in Red Deer County in the afternoon. It's about an hour an half drive from Calgary. Markerville was where Stephan G. Stephansson, famous Icelandic poet made his home when he immigrated. Reached early so that I could look around. 



The historic Markerville Creamery






Creamery Garden









Icelandic Lutheran Church




Plaque dedicated to the Icleandic Poet Stephan G. Stephansson



The happy Bride and the Groom and the Pastor



"Looking for my Icelandic Roots in Markerville"


Interesting Fence Art


A sculptor from some Junk!



Historic Fensala Hall....it now plays hosts to weddings and re-unions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment